Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10 -- 2 responses

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

Sometimes I feel that I'm not much different than those around me. But I think that it's my experiences that make me different, or what make everyone unique. I try to always see the best in people and remind them to believe in themselves. When I was in grad school, a friend told me, "Never apologize for who you are," and that still resonates with me.

*****************************************************************

December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

I didn't really attend many social gatherings this year. I was too busy being pregnant or being a mom. We did manage to attend some small gatherings with friends this year. Recently, a friend held an obsolete media party, where we watch reel-to-reel films, listened to albums on vinyl, and ate 70's-inspired foods. There were only a handful of people there, but it was so reassuring to look around and see faces of people I cared about.

No comments: