Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Slump

I've been awake for almost 8 hours and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. I've been grading discussion boards (so tedious!) for my online course all day. I had a craving for molasses, so I whipped up a batch of molasses crumb muffins.

I hate waiting for responses to job applications. Every time my cell phone has rung today, I got a pit in my stomach, afraid/hoping it would be the CC I sent my CV to last night. Because, of course, they would read it first thing this morning and need to call me right away before another college snatched me up. Right.

I think I've been having a difficult time lately because of the change of seasons. The weather hasn't changed that much (though today it's rainy and in the 60's), but the end of summer makes me sad. I'm going to miss the sunshine, fresh produce, not having to bundle up under layers of clothing, and mowing the lawn. I spent most of the summer holed up in the house being a mom, but still there was the possibility of having fun. My fall and spring semesters are filled with work, work, work.

Speaking of work, I'd better get back to the boards.


No comments: