Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love and hate August.

Things I love about August:
1. County Fairs
2. Racing (see below)
3. My Birthday (the 7th)

Things I hate about August:
Summer is almost over, and school is about to start. Ugh. I am so not ready.

We went to the county fair the other day. My mom and I went with my son, niece, and nephew. It was rather humid out, which made for some misery, but we had a pretty good time. I'll post photos this weekend when I have more time.

Today, my father and I are going to the Battle at the Grove. We've gone for the past few years, and even raced in it. It's great sprint car racing for a fantastic cause. It's just a bonus that I get to see Kasey Kahne (the dude is super small and thin), Kyle Busch (the dude has attitude, but he can race like a mofo), and Tony Stewart (*sigh* the dude is the best driver out there, and super super cute) is just a bonus. And I get to spend the day with my dad, which is always cool.

I'm a little nervous about being 3 hours away from my son, but I definitely need a break!

No comments: