Friday, March 5, 2010

Changes

I haven't made any progress on my resolutions. I've been a bit distracted lately. We're remodeling our kitchen, trying to put a nursery together (on hold because we had to put a lot of kitchen stuff in the nursery), and I'm navigating the trickiness of teaching online. And I'm about to give birth. Any moment now.

I went to my OB on Monday, and I'm about 3cm dilated. My blood pressure has been a little high, so she said she doesn't want me to go past my due date (March 15th). If I don't go into labor naturally, they're going to induce me. Wonderful. I'm very uncomfortable today -- achy back, belly feels very heavy, slightly crampy -- so I'm kind of hoping today is the day. I'm scared, but ready to get it over with. I've been carrying this little guy around for 9 months, and I just want to meet him already!

I am so ready for spring. Now that most of the snow has melted, there are daffodils and tulips peeking up from the ground. I've started some veggie seedlings (tomatoes, peppers, and various other things), and have ordered some new books on preserving in preparation for the summer.

Today, I'm focusing on teaching, laundry, and packing my bag (no, I haven't done that yet). In fact, I should get to the teaching part now. I have mid-terms to grade, and content to post. Good times.

No comments: