Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon Ramblings

I'm on Spring Break this week. Well, sort of. I have to tutor tomorrow and Thursday, and I'm attending a conference on Friday.

I haven't done anything productive the past few days. I had grand visions of de-cluttering and donating books to the library. Instead, I've been reading, napping, and researching homesteading. I've been sick (cold/flu) for the past few weeks and haven't had the energy to do anything.

Also, I seem to get stuck researching things instead of just doing them. For example, I want to start making more of my own bread. I've been researching sourdough starters for about a week now, and am stuck trying to decide if I want to make my own starter or buy an established one. I'll think myself in circles for days, weeks, until I become obsessed with something else.

I want to live a simple life. I want to grow my own food, make my own clothes, etc. I think about it all the time, but I never do anything about it. I'm so frustrated with myself.

I need to set some definite goals and work toward them. I can't afford to be stuck anymore.

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I feel the same way.

We made a huge step when we moved to the city and gave up one car.

Now, we only use the car we have once or twice a month. It's really liberating.

Of course, the downside is that we live in an apartment building where I could never grow my own food.

I have hopes of moving where it's green... where I cant even see my neighbors house. I'm such a hermit...

Judith Mercado said...

I didn't know where to leave this comment that is unrelated to your post. I just wanted you to know that I mentioned you in my latest blog post. In it, I discuss the frequent mention in various blogs of Yeats' When You Are Old poem, in particular the phrase Pilgrim Soul.